We have openings for a graphic designer and copywriter at our corporate office in Tamarac, Florida. Please view the job descriptions below and if you're interested, email your resume and portfolio (designer) or writing samples (copywriter) to email@example.com.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Marketing and Advertising department to drive sales revenue and brand recognition. Position is responsible for assisting the eCommerce Manager in areas of content management and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in addition to cross-departmental copywriting functions.
Product: Create thoughtful, intelligent, persuasive product copy that reflects the brand and positioning.
Creative: Provide copy for web pages, e-mails, print and web ads, brochures and retail signage.
Social Media: Contribute to the company's social media campaign, and maintain the daily blog.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Bachelors degree in English, Advertising, Marketing or related field
Work Experience: 1 to 5 years of experience in retail, catalog or eCommerce writing; experience in branding and consumer marketing; experience in proofreading
Computer Knowledge and Skills: Below is the list of computer programs and software applications that are required for this position:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SEO preferred
This position will be part of the Marketing Department and will support the Creative Director and Art Director in the concept and design of all marketing efforts for the City Furniture brand. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating and executing a wide variety of marketing materials, including but not limited to: in-store advertising; point-of-sale materials; direct mailings; and ads for print, web and social media. You must be a strong conceptual designer, able to create systems and implement with consistency across the range of all deliverables. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to prioritize the workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
- Understand the City Furniture brand
- Meet with Art Director on a regular basis to understand and formulate current direction
- Ensure accuracy in the production and execution of all marketing design efforts
- Partner with Copywriter and maintain the relationships of assigned projects to the overall strategy and marketing calendar
- Understand spec requirements of each job before set-up and final release
- Adhere to demands of production schedule and be aware of release schedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines
- Maintain open communication with other support positions at the Corporate Office
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design from an accredited institution
- Five to eight years experience in graphic design (retail environment is non-essential although preferred)
- Proficient on Mac in the following software applications: InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of web design preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- OTHER: Must be able to submit a digital portfolio