Mattress Care Tips
- We recommend using a washable mattress pad or protective mattress cover to prevent staining of your mattress and to protect against dust mites. Any spots or stains on a mattress will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Rotate your mattress in accordance to the manufacturer’s specific warranty instructions. The majority of today’s mattresses are “non flip”.
- Use an appropriate bed frame for your new mattress. King and queen size beds require that there is at least one center support leg on the frame. Using the correct frame will ensure that your mattress warranty remains in effect.
- It is suggested by all mattress manufacturers that the box spring be replaced at the same time that a new mattress is purchased to provide proper support to the new mattress.
- Do not remove the law tag on the end of your mattress. This has the necessary warranty and identification information listed should you need to file a claim. Most manufacturers will not honor a warranty without these tags attached.
- Do not lift the mattress by the handles. These are provided only for positioning the mattress on the bed, not for lifting or carrying.
- Do not jump or stand on your mattress.
Body Impressions are a normal occurrence in new mattresses.
Body impressions are more prevalent in pillow top mattresses as the materials used on the top layers are made of different foams and fibers. Pillow top mattresses are designed to contour to the sleeper’s body. This will relieve pressure points and allow for a more restful sleep. These body impressions can be normal in a new mattress and do not indicate that there is a problem with your mattress. They should not be confused with “sagging”. Most manufacturers consider a body impression of up to 1 ½” to be normal. It is recommended that you rotate your mattress according to your manufacturer’s warranty to vary the areas of usage.
City Furniture offers a variety of innerspring, latex, and memory foam mattresses to meet your individual needs. See the individual manufacturer’s warranty and care tips for information that is specific to your mattress.