It’s the holidays, which is that time of year when guests start popping by, and schedules starts filling up—which leaves little time to get your house in order when it matters most. But before you start to panic at the idea of your mother-in-law seeing your home in less than perfect condition, our 5-minute room refresh is here to save the day.
And because the secret to staying on task is an organized plan, we made life even easier by timing out each step. It’s a great habit to carry into the new year as well, since we all know that an organized home just adds to your overall happy state. Try doing this at least once a week, and you’ll be surprised at the bonus positivity this brings to your life.
- Fluff the pillows and fold the blankets: 60 seconds
- Light a candle or spray something: 15 seconds
- Wipe or dust visible spots: 60 seconds
- Straighten everything in sight: 45 seconds
- Add something stylish to your coffee table: 30 seconds
- Pick any debris off the floor: 60 seconds
- Hide everything else: 30 seconds
That’s it! Of course, it’s always a good idea to give your home a thorough clean, when time is tight, this 5-minute room refresh will do just fine.