NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT, OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES RELEASE AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. READ THESE FULL OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by City Furniture, Inc. (“City Furniture”), having a corporate address of 6701 N. Hiatus Road, Tamarac, FL 33321 (the “Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of City Furniture.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The City Furniture Father’s Day Grill Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of Florida who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the "Entrant"). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) employees or agents of Sponsor, and each of its companies, subsidiaries, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes; (c) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor and may be used for marketing purposes. The Sponsor’s designated database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will consist of three (3) separate drawings, each for one (1) Grand Prize, which consists of one (1) Kamado Red 18” Charcoal Grill with Base. The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, at 10:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, at 5:00pm ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). There are three methods of entry, one for each of the three social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), and each Entrant may enter by any one or all three of the methods. To enter, Entrant must:
1. Navigate to your Facebook, and do the following:
1. Locate the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on City Furniture’s Facebook page (@CityFurniture or facebook.com/CityFurniture);
2. Comment on the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on City Furniture’s Facebook page by tagging your Father or a Father figure;
3. After you have posted your comment/tag, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes.
2. Navigate to your Instagram, and do the following:
1. Locate the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on City Furniture’s Instagram page (@cityfurniture or instagram.com/cityfurniture);
2. Comment on the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on City Furniture’s Instagram page by tagging your Father or a Father figure;
3. After you have posted your comment/tag, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes.
3. Navigate to your Twitter, and do the following:
1. Locate the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on City Furniture’s Twitter page (@CityFurniture or twitter.com/Cityfurniture);
2. Retweet the “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway” post on your Twitter page;
3. After you have retweeted the City Furniture “Father’s Day Grill Giveaway,” you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per social media platform per Entrant during Sweepstakes Period. Each Entrant may only win one Grand Prize, regardless of whether they submitted entries on each of the three social media platforms. Multiple entries received from any Entrant in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes run by Sponsor.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data and messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS:
The three (3) random drawings (one (1) drawing from all of the Entrants on each of the three social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), for the three (3) Grand Prizes will be conducted by the Sponsor on Thursday, June 16, 2022, at or about 10:00am ET from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select the Grand Prize-winning entries (“Sweepstakes Drawing”). Odds of winning will be based on the number of entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
4. GRAND PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Each of the three Grand Prizes will consist of one (1) Kamado Red 18” Charcoal Grill with Base valued at approximately seven hundred and ninety-nine dollars ($799.00) each for a total approximate retail value for the Sweepstakes of two thousand, three hundred and ninety-seven dollars ($2,397.00).
Prize(s) are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All approximate retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the subject industry in the marketplace. Sponsor or Sponsor's representative(s) reserve the right to deny portions of the prize package to winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person with no further compensation.
If prize(s) will be awarded in the form of a City Furniture Gift Card or Gift Certificate they cannot be exchanged for cash or other substitutes. Terms and conditions of the Gift Card or Gift Certificate apply. Only eligible for use at City Furniture stores.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The winning entry will be announced following the Sweepstakes Drawing on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19, 2022, on City Furniture’s Facebook page (@CityFurniture or facebook.com/CityFurniture), Instagram page (@cityfurniture or instagram.com/cityfurniture), and Twitter page (@CityFurniture or twitter.com/Cityfurniture). YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. The Grand Prize winner will be notified via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, direct message, phone, email, or text message as determined by the Sponsor and at its sole discretion based on the information the potential winner provided when entering the Sweepstakes. Each prize winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the drawing. If the potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of the initial notification attempt, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from the relevant drawing. Once the Sponsor receives the prize winners’ requested information and eligibility has been verified, the Sponsor will arrange to award the prize.
Each winner(s) of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to provide proof of identity, verification of eligibility, and compliance with these Official Rules, and, unless prohibited by law, a complete written Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form, W-9 tax payer request for identification form and, where legal, Publicity Release (“Affidavits”) as well as any other documents required by Sponsor, all of which must be received fully-executed within three (3) business days of receipt or such potential prize winner(s) may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner(s) may be selected from the relevant drawing. Prize winner(s) further grants full permission to the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, Sweepstakes agency and anyone authorized by any of them, to use winner’s entry, name, photograph, likeness, voice and biographical data, in whole or in part, in any and all media for the purposes of advertising, publicity and trade without additional compensation or right of approval.
Sponsor reserves the right to require potential prize winner(s) to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide the Sponsor with their U.S. driver’s license number and social security number.
6. ENTRY NOTES. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor may use the information provided for marketing or other purposes.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prize based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems with any Sweepstakes-related information or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
7. DISCLAIMER: Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Each prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges, all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize.
If the prize or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to respond within the applicable time period, it will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, Administrator, City Furniture, Inc., the Sweepstakes entities, prize suppliers, nor any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or any of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby release the Released Parties from, any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury, death or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) use of any prize; and (vii) the drawing process including the outcome of the Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes and/or promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Meta Platforms, Inc. (“Meta” or “Facebook”), Instagram, Inc (“Instagram”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”), or any other social media platform. By entering, Entrants confirm that they completely release Meta, Instagram, Twitter, and any other social media platform utilized in the advertising or promotion of the Sweepstakes, of any and all liability or responsibility and agree to terms and condition of use of each such social media platform(s). Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be ineligible.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled, postage due or damaged entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation by random drawing. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any entries found or suspected to be submitted in this manner will be deemed ‘void’ by the Sponsor or Administrator. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of Florida or the appropriate Court located in the state of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
11. WINNERS LIST/ RULES: To obtain the name(s) of the winner(s) (available after Wednesday, June 29, 2022), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: City Furniture, Inc., Father’s Day Grill Giveaway (“Winners”), Attn: Marketing Department, 6701 N Hiatus Road, Tamarac, FL 33321. All such requests must be received by October 17, 2022. For Official Rules visit www.cityfurniture.com/terms/fathers-day-contests.