The Ultimate On-Field Experience Presented by CITY Furniture
SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules
BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING AN ENTRY FORM FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES RELEASES AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. READ THESE FULL OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by City Furniture, Inc. (“City Furniture”), having a corporate address of 6701 N. Hiatus Road, Tamarac, FL 33321 (the “Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of City Furniture.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Ultimate On-Field Experience Presented by CITY Furniture (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Florida who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the "Entrant"). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) employees or agents of Sponsor (as defined below), Administrator (City Furniture, Inc.), store employees, the MLB Entities (defined below) and their respective employees, and each of its companies, subsidiaries, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes; (c) persons who are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live; or persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor and may be used for marketing purposes. The Sponsor’s designated database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will consist of three (3) of drawings, each for one (1) prize, for a total of three (3) prizes. The Sweepstakes begins on Friday, April 29, 2022, at 12:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, September 11, 2022, at 11:59pm ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). To enter, Entrant must:
START DATE AND TIME
END DATE AND TIME
Friday, April 29, 2022 at 12:00am
Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 11:59pm
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 12:00am
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 11:59pm
Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 12:00am
Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 11:59pm
After you have submitted your Official Entry Form for a Sweepstakes, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. One (1) prize per person, family or household. Multiple entries received from any person or family or email address or phone number or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes run by Sponsor.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data and messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS:
Three random drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor on Monday, May 31, 2022, at 10:00am ET; Wednesday, July 27, 2022, at 10:00am ET; and Monday, September 12, 2022, at 10:00am ET, from all eligible entries received from the start of the Entry Period to the associated ending date of each of the three Entry Periods to select the winning entries for each of the three (3) prizes (“Sweepstakes Drawing”). Odds of winning will be based on the number of entries submitted during each Entry Period. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
4. GRAND PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Each of the three (3) winners will receive a prize that consists of: four (4) tickets for the winner and three (3) guests to attend one (1) Marlins home game during the 2022 regular season, the date of which will be chosen at the sole discretion of Sponsor (the “Marlins Home Game”), four (4) pre-game, on-field, batting practice passes prior to the selected Marlins Home Game, and the opportunity for winner only to throw one (1) ceremonial first pitch at the Marlins Home Game. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each of the prizes is four hundred dollars ($400.00), for a total AVR of one thousand two hundred dollars ($1,200) for the Sweepstakes.
TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF ANY PRIZE. Exact nature and duration of the on-field viewing of batting practice and the ceremonial first pitch is subject to rules and regulations of MLB and shall be determined in the sole discretion of The Miami Marlins, MLB, and subject to availability. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All approximate retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the subject industry in the marketplace. Sponsor or Sponsor's representative reserves the right to deny portions of the prize package to any winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person with no further compensation.
Use of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition ticket is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket; see marlins.com/ticketback for details. Seat locations at the game/event/exhibition and, unless otherwise stated in the prize description, exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Each winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her(their) jurisdiction(s) of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any prize will govern in the event a legal game/event/exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Each winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the prize; see marlins.com/ballpark for details. Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/event/exhibition. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/event/exhibition ticket. Participation in the prize event is subject to winner’s (and guest’s) consent to and compliance with all health and safety policies of the MLB Entities, including but not limited to the wearing of masks if and when directed and the requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., having received a final vaccination dose at least 14 days prior to the event).
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: The winning entries will be announced at the City Furniture, Inc., 6701 N Hiatus Road, Tamarac, FL 33321, following the Sweepstakes Drawing and online at http://cityfurniture.com/contests/marlins-sweepstakes. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. Prize winners will be notified via phone, email, or text message as determined by the Sponsor and at its sole discretion based on the information the potential winners provided when registering in the Sweepstakes. Each prize winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the drawing. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of the initial notification attempt, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from the relevant drawing. Once eligibility has been verified and the Sponsor receives a prize winner’s requested information, the Sponsor will arrange to award the prize.
Each winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to provide proof of identity, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and, unless prohibited by law, a complete written Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form, W-9 tax payer request for identification form and, where legal, Publicity Release (“Affidavits”) as well as any other documents required by Sponsor, all of which must be received fully-executed within three (3) business days of receipt or such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from the relevant drawing. Each prize winner further grants full permission to the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, Sweepstakes agency and anyone authorized by any of them, to use winner’s entry, name, photograph, likeness, voice and biographical data, in whole or in part, in any and all media for the purposes of advertising, publicity and trade without additional compensation or right of approval.
Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential prize winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner will be required to provide the Sponsor with their U.S. driver’s license number and social security number.
6. ENTRY NOTES. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor may use the information provided for marketing or other purposes.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prize based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems with any Sweepstakes-related information or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
7. DISCLAIMER: Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Each prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges, all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize.
If any prize or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to respond within the applicable time period, it will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, City Furniture, Inc., Marlins Teamco LLC, the other MLB Entities, Marlins Stadium Operator, LLC, Marlins Funding LLC, Marlins Holdings LLC, City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, the Sweepstakes entities, prize suppliers, nor any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or any of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury, death or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) use of any prize; and (vii) the drawing process including the outcome of the Sweepstakes. “MLB Entities” means the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLB”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
This Sweepstakes and/or promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Meta Platforms, Inc. (“Meta” or “Facebook”), Instagram, Inc (“Instagram”), TikTok, Inc. (“TikTok”), or any other social media platform. By entering, Entrants confirm that they completely release Meta, Instagram, TikTok, and any other social media platform utilized in the advertising or promotion of the Sweepstakes, of any and all liability or responsibility and agree to terms and condition of use of each such social media platform(s).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled, postage due or damaged entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation by random drawing. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Any entries found or suspected to be submitted in this manner will be deemed ‘void’ by the Sponsor or Administrator. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of Florida or the appropriate Court located in the state of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
11. WINNERS LIST/ RULES: To obtain the name(s) of the winner(s) (available after Monday, September 26, 2022), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: City Furniture, Inc., The Ultimate On-Field Experience presented by CITY Furniture (“Winners”), Attn: Marketing Department, 6701 N Hiatus Road, Tamarac, FL 33321. All such requests must be received by Sunday, December 11, 2022. For Official Rules visit https://www.cityfurniture.com/terms/marlins-sweepstakes.
The use of any prize manufacturer(s), name or trademark in connection with any of the prize(s) is solely for the purpose of describing such prize and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship. Each prize manufacturer is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and has no obligation for the awarding of any prize or for the conduct of the Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, administered, or produced by any of the MLB Entities. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.